Last reviewed May 2018
This Policy is updated from time to time. The latest version is published on this page.
If you have any questions about this policy, please email us (email@example.com) or write to us.
By using cocodental.co.uk or mobile website, you are agreeing to the terms set out, and consenting to the use of data described, in this policy.
We gather and use patient information in order to provide products and services and to enable certain functions on this website.
We also collect information to better understand how visitors use this website and to present timely, relevant information to them online.
Our Practice is Registered with the Care Quality Commission (CQC). Details of our Registration can be seen at www.cqc.org.uk. Our practice has to comply with the CQC data protection policy for Patient Records both offline and online.
Forms on this website are collecting your personal data that you have submitted, which will be emailed with the intent to store that data on industry standard UK email hosting and practice management records for the purpose of providing you a service.
The Data Protection Act (1998)
Our practice is Notified with the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO).
Our Data Controller can be contacted at our practice address or by telephone with any questions you may have or details concerning the protection of your personal data.
What data we gather
The information we hold about you may include the following:
· Basic details such as name, address, contact details and next of kin
· Details of contact we have had with you
· Details of services you have received
· Patient experience feedback and treatment outcome information you provide
· Information about complaints and incidents
· Notes and reports about your health and any treatment and care you have received or need
· Information from customer surveys, special offers, competitions and marketing activities
· Website usage data (from analytics provider)
· Other information relevant to patient enquiries
In providing you with our services, COCO Dental may handle your personal information. Personal information is information about you from which you can be identified, such as your name and contact details. Depending on what services you receive from us, this may include sensitive personal information such as medical information.
By providing your data and/or information, or by using the COCO Dental website or other online or digital platforms, you consent to the use of your data and information as described or referred to in this privacy notice. The provisions of COCO Dental’s social media terms and conditions may also apply. If we make a change to any of the ways in which we process personal information, we will update this web page with an updated date displayed at the top of this page, so please check back regularly for updates.
Confidential and Medical information
The confidentiality of your personal information is of paramount concern to COCO Dental and we comply with UK data protection law and all the applicable medical confidentiality guidelines issued by professional bodies such as the General Medical Council and the British Dental Association.
Your confidential medical information will only be disclosed to those involved with your treatment or care, or in accordance with UK law and guidelines from professional bodies, or for the purposes of clinical audit (unless you object). If you receive services from COCO Dental and that service transfers to a new provider, we may share your personal and confidential medical information with the new provider.
We are committed to keeping your personal information secure. We have put in place physical, electronic and operational procedures intended to safeguard and secure the information we collect. All COCO Dental staff have a legal duty to respect the confidentiality of your information, and access to your confidential information is restricted only to those who have a reasonable need to access it.
When using a COCO Dental website, if the URL of a web page starts with HTTPS, or you see a locked/green padlock symbol, your data should be encrypted when it is sent from your computer to our server. However, we cannot ensure the security of your data when it is being transmitted to our website or other digital sites from other pages. All transmission of personal information and other data is done at your own risk.
Information submitted to COCO Dental through a website is normally unprotected until it reaches us. In addition, users are also requested not to send confidential details or credit card numbers, for example, by email.
When we collect your information
Information about you is collected when:
· you use our services
· you submit a query to us, for example by email, telephone or social media, including where you reference COCO Dental in a public social media post
· you participate in any marketing activity
Using your information
We use your personal information to provide you with our services, and to improve and extend our services. This may include:
· responding to your queries
· supporting your medical treatment or care and other benefits
· internal record keeping and administration
· responding to requests where we have a legal or regulatory obligation to do so
· checking the accuracy of information about you, and the quality of your treatment or care, including auditing medical and billing information
· supporting your nurse, carer or other healthcare professional
· assessing the type and quality of care you have received and any concerns or complaints you raise, so that these can be properly investigated
· using your contact information to send you service related information
· using your contact information to send promotional material about new products, special offers or other information we think you may find interesting (see ‘Keeping you informed’ below for more information)
· using your contact information to give you an opportunity to complete a customer satisfaction survey
· using your contact information to conduct and analyse market research
· to contact you via email, telephone or mail for research reasons
· to customise the website for you.
We do not share your personal information with anyone outside of COCO Dental to use for their own purposes, except:
· when we have your permission
· when we are permitted or obliged to do so by law. For example, we are required to provide information to organisations such as the National Registries (e.g. The Cancer Registry) and to notify the government of certain infectious diseases such as TB and meningitis (but not HIV/Aids)
· to protect the rights, property, or safety of COCO Dental, our customers, or others
· in order to detect, prevent and help with the prosecution of financial crime. For example we may share information with fraud prevention or law enforcement agencies, and other organisations. If we suspect fraudulent activity we may inform the person or organisation who administers or funds your COCO Dental services.
· if there are other exceptional circumstances, and we are unable or it is not appropriate to seek your permission.
In the event that COCO Dental sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
We will only keep your personal information for as long as is necessary and in accordance with UK law.
Keeping you informed
COCO Dental would like to keep you informed of COCO Dental’s products and services that we consider may be of interest to you (via mail, email, phone or SMS). When we collect your information, we will ask you if you would like us to keep you updated in this way. We may use your personal information to:
· decide which services we think are relevant to you
· decide which media, including social media platforms, would best be utilised to reach the customers who wish to receive marketing materials
· contact you with details of our products and services, including displaying interest-based adverts via social media
If you do not wish to receive marketing information about our products and services, or at any time you change your mind about receiving these messages, please contact the details shown below.
If you have any data protection queries, please contact the COCO Dental Team:
· Write: 26 Charcot Road (Ground Floor), Colindale, London, NW9 5WU
You should also contact the COCO Dental team to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to ask us to correct or remove (where justified) any inaccurate information. We may also ask you to provide additional documentation to confirm your identity or, if you are seeking to access personal information of another individual, proof of their consent or your legal right to receive their personal information.
We review and update this notice regularly. The latest copy of this notice can be found on this web page.